Tata Sons Private Limited (“Tata Sons” or “we”) takes the privacy of your information seriously. This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you on www.tatasecondcareer.com (the “Website”) and how we use that data.
This privacy statement applies to www.tatasecondcareer.com and the website you may be redirected to register with us or to apply to job openings.
|Data||includes information that you submit to Tata Sons via Tatasecondcareer.com, and information which is accessed by Tata Sons pursuant to your visit to the Website. |
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including the GDPR and the Information Technology Act, 2000, as amended or substituted;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Tata Sons or us||Tata Sons Private Limited, a company incorporated in India whose registered office is at Bombay House, 24 Homi Mody Street, Mumbai, India, 400001;|
|User or you||the natural person who accesses the Website;|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.tatasecondcareer.com, and any sub-domains of this site, unless excluded by their own terms.|
Tata Sons collects data to operate this Website. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you register on tatasecondcareer.com, or when you submit an entry (through the general query, contact us section, or such other manner specified on the website).
You can visit www.tatasecondcareer.com without telling us who you are. You can make choices about our collection and use of your data. For example, you may want to access, edit or remove the personal information in the Website or microsite account.
When you are asked to provide personal data, you may choose to not provide the information. However, if you do not provide the personal data which is mandatory to register you in the Website, then your registration will be incomplete, and you may not be able to access all sections of the Website.
3. Data Collected
We may collect information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified, including:
- Contact information: We collect first, middle name, last name, email address, postal address (country, city, state), phone number, date of birth, gender, marital status, and other similar contact data;
- Nationality, blood group, state-issued government identity card type and details;
- Professional details: Total years of experience, designation, function, performance rating, description of experience, CTC details;
- Education details: Education Category, education type, specialisation, university, year of completion, part time/Full time; and
- User ID and passwords;
4. How we Collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you when you register with us to apply to job openings;
- data is collected automatically pursuant to your visit to the Website;
5. Data shared by You
Tata Sons may collect your Data in several ways from your use of this Website. For instance:
- when you contact us through the Website (through the “contact us” section);
- when you register with us to apply to job openings;
- when you complete surveys conducted by or for us;
- when you elect to receive any communications (including any newsletter, promotional offers) from us;
- from the information gathered by your visit to our webpages; and
6. Our Use of Data
Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- identifying and evaluating candidates for open positions at Tata Sons and other Tata Group companies;
- to enable our group entities to reach out to you in relation to their openings and recruitment process;
- transmission by email or any other form of communication to you;
- contact you for survey or feedback which may be done using email;
- to process your requests and complaints (such as replying to your queries received through the “contact us” section in the Website); and
- to execute other activities such as marketing campaign, promotional communications for which consent is taken appropriately;
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
7. Who we share Data with
We may share your personal Data with:
- Tata Sons-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries and other entities within the Tata group of companies, to assist them to reach out to you in relation to their programs or campaigns (including marketing and sales) and to process your query/ requests (such as job application);
- our employees, vendors, agents and professional advisors working on our behalf for the purposes described in this policy statement; and
- service-providers who assist in protecting and securing our systems and provide services to us which require the processing of personal data, such as to host your information or to process your information for data profiling and user analysis.
We usually do not share other personal Data collected from the Website with other third parties. However, this may happen if:
- You request or authorize us to do so;
- We need to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process; or
- We need to operate and maintain the security of this Website, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks.
8. Access of your Data by other users
Your Data may be accessed and processed by individuals who are involved in hiring process of Tata Sons and Tata Group companies for the purposes mentioned in this privacy statement.
9. Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data and we store your Data on secure servers.
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please reach out to us through the “contact us” section in the Website.
10. Retention of Personal Data
Tata Sons retains personal Data for as long as necessary to provide the access to and use of the Website, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types and purposes, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for audit, legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
11. Your Rights
When we process Data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the Website you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests of Tata Sons as described in this privacy statement.
Below, you will find additional privacy information that you may find important. Tata Sons adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which if applicable includes the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request
- copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or
- that we modify, update or delete such information.
- If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to limit the way in which we can use it. We may not be able to block Google from tracking user behaviour as well as some demographic data, including Age and Geography.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
For information about managing your contact data, email subscriptions and promotional communications, please submit a request to us through the “contact us” section in the Website.
We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of all changes to your personal data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
If you want Tata Sons to change your information, please log-in to your profile in the Website and make the required changes. If you want Tata Sons to remove it from the database entirely, please submit a request to us through the “contact us” section in the Website.
12. Security of Personal Data
Tata Sons is committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
13. Where We Store and Process Personal Data
In general, personal Data collected and processed under this statement is hosted on servers located in India. Tata Sons is part of a corporate group with affiliates and subsidiaries based in the European Economic Area (EEA), the U.S. and Asia. We take steps to ensure that the Data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
14. Links to other websites
16. Changes to this Privacy Statement
Tata Sons reserves the right to change this privacy statement as it may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the privacy statement on your first use of the Website following the alterations.